Portals Nous is a tourist and residential town belonging to the municipality of Calviá, in Mallorca. It has a renowned marina, called Puerto Portals, hotels, shops, taverns, three beaches and apartments. In the town there is also the Marineland dolphinarium, where among other varieties, shows with dolphins and seals are made. It is characterized by being a quiet place, with a wide cove in which the island den Sales is located.
Until the year 1866 it was known as Els Terrers de S’Hostalet, a property that depended, formerly, on that of Bendinat. In that year the Oratory was inaugurated, on land donated by the Marquis of La Romana, with the transfer from the caves of Portals de la Virgen of the same name. In the upper part, in a plot of 22000m2 that reaches the sea, there is the Church that contains the image of the Virgin of Portals, which gives its name to the town. This parochial church is vulgarly known as the “Oratorio de Portals” or the “Hermita de Portals”.
Until the beginning of the Civil War, the middle class families of Palma built their second residences in the area.
Its marina is one of the meeting centers of elite tourism on the island, grouping royalty, jet set, artists and financiers.
Puerto Portals] is a marina located in Portals Nous, an urban center belonging to the municipality of Calviá. The port is at a distance of 9 kilometers from the center of Palma de Mallorca. Puerto Portals is recognized as a meeting point for businessmen, celebrities, high society figures and members of the Spanish royal family during their summer stays at the Marivent Palace.
In the area of land, which occupies an area of 8.5 ha., The port has numbers of technical services for boats as well as several restaurants, boutiques, hotels, etc., Some of its restaurants, among which include, Flanigans, Tristán and Tahini are considered among the most exclusive in the Mediterranean